7.25.2006

HOT! Pixies to release new DVD

I like the Pixies. A lot. Hearing them doesn't bring memories of adolescent past flooding back into my realm of thought, but I think they're important and good songwriters. I love them the way you love Sonic Youth, but I guess that kind of makes sense - they're all five hundred years old or so at this point.



loudQUIETloud is the name of the new Pixies DVD that's coming out on November 7th (just in time for...oh, nothing really), and will focus on the tensions and resolutions that the band went through around their big break-up in 1992 and unexpected reunion in 2004.

Trailer: loudQUIETloud

But of course, there will be music.

Tracklist is....
Where Is My Mind?
Hey
Here Comes Your Man
Umass
Caribou
Gouge Away
Nimrod's Son
In Heaven
Wave Of Mutilation
Something Against You
Bone Machine
Cactus
Vamos
Monkey Gone To Heaven
Iris


Website: http://www.loudquietloud.com