9.16.2006

Return To Cookie...mmm Cookies, Where?

"Let The Devil In" is my "Ambulance" of TV On The Radio's newest record, Return To Cookie Mountain. The 3.5 minute mark brings in a bombastic "Woah! Oh! Ohh ohhhhh!" from the band, a climax that you cannot help but dance and sing around to in company and private. (Well, particularly in private.) Desperate Youth, Bloodthirsty Babes never grabbed me as a whole, though there were tracks like "The Wrong Way" and "Staring At The Sun" were unlike anything I'd heard around then, save the prior summer's Yeah Yeah Yeahs obsession.



Return ventures on new territory, drawing from what I believe to be the best points of their last LP. "Wolf Like Me" and "Hours" are unbelievably good. More than anything, it's the fact that the record plays from start to finish, growing its magnetic force with each thorough listen.

Goddamn these boys are talented.

Audible: TV On The Radio - "Wolf Like Me" Blast. This. Song.
Website: http://www.tvontheradio.com

And just because I love this photo, and this band has SOMETHING to do with the YYYs, I want to share it...

No comments: