10.27.2007

I <3 Teh Internetz0rz



I love the Internet. It saddens me that Burma and Nepal are experiencing a region-wide Internet shutdown due to its governments, but I also know that my ability to really empathize and understand what sort of a social climate is going on there is so far. We, as Americans, are far more privileged on the Internet, regardless of how much further we have to come.

+DJ Rupture discusses the recent shutdown of OiNK [here]

But as far as social networking sites and aggregator/bookmark sites that enable users to note, clip, share, edit and add...well, it just makes my world go round.

Netvibes: the only "desktop" you'll ever need
Yelp: addictive, everything Yahoo! Yellow Pages wished it were
Picnik: aside from designers, photographers and other pro's, no light-user/blogger needs to worry about pirating Photoshop ever again!
Flickr: It's just wonderful, but hard to love it so when, like me, your digital camera is dead
Twitter: because your ego - the part of it that believes that your every insignificant thought or fancy is relevant - needs to be stroked sometimes
Google: was going to say Gmail, but that'd be ruling out Documents, Alerts, Images and the almighty Calendar

That's about it. I'd recommend subscribing to Rupture on Netvibes. Netvibes, netvibes, netvibes...

No comments: