11.27.2007

Guerilla clockmasters / Your Baroness / Say Yea to Yeasayers



Badass story of the millennium goes toooo:
Paris - Four members of an underground "cultural guerrilla" movement known as the Untergunther, whose purpose is to restore France's cultural heritage, were cleared on Friday of breaking into the 18th-century monument in a plot worthy of Dan Brown or Umberto Eco. [read more...]

+



Baroness, from Savannah, are playing the Middle East Down, opening for Witchcraft from Sweden this Friday. 18+/$10 ADV/$12 DOS

Red Album and First are two of my favorite discoveries of 2007. I am thrilled to hear that Baroness has been making its way into the year-end Top Ten lists, as well as having found coverage and publicity throughout the year. They deserve it, and have been signed to Relapse. Good home for them. Progressive is a word thrown around all too often in rock music, as no one knows what to make of it anymore. Baroness stays true to the term, both in their technicality and thematics. I hope to see them advance to the fame of Isis and beyond.

MySpace: Baroness

+



Also, word of mouth has brought me to Yeasayer. I feel a bit behind on this, seeing as the people I am hearing it from are telling me that they have been slacking themselves. Admittedly, this morning was my first encounter with their music, but I am no doubt into this music. Actually, I'm not even quite sure what to make of it yet...

MySpace: Yeasayer

No comments: