11.21.2007

Tweak Bird / Bloc Party = Sex Party / No Music!



First off, WHERE did this band come from?

Ok...Los Angeles.

The genre isn't particularly new, and the demographic is achingly male (in that Battles kind of way), but all three songs on their myspace are very different and interesting. Worth a listen, and slight addiction. I do hope to see them out in Boston, or hear that they get picked up by a great label and tour with their long-lost godfathers, Queens of The Stone Age.

Did I mention that they're brothers?

MySpace: Tweak Bird

+++



Bloc Party's Kele Okereke has revealed that the band were forced to leave the stage during a gig in Utrecht earlier this year after a couple in the audience started having sex.

According to the band’s frontman the couple’s liberal display caused a chain reaction amongst the audience in Holland.

"There was a couple having sex in front of us in Utrecht, I climbed up into the balcony and they were doing it on the floor. I said something into the mic and everyone started cheering,” Okereke told the Mirror. [read more...]

+++



Today is No Music Day.

So really, the fact that I am listening to an old Say Anything song on my co-worker's iTunes while updating my music blog at my music industry job I guess I, err...fail.

Website: No Music Day

No comments: