4.28.2008

I LOVE LAMP(s)



Well holy shit it's been a while, huh?

Honestly I have been deep in the rabbit (i.e. techno) hole, and while working hard to bring Basstown to fruition I've put Onward Charles on the backburner.

Maybe not the best idea...thank god for college radio though. WMBR's Breakfast Of Champions is still the greatest show I've ever heard, and thanks to my 10 minute commute this morning I had the pleasure of hearing The Lamps from Los Angeles.

Part-The Horrors and part-Nirvana circa Incesticide, I could listen to this all day. It's loud, it's noisy, scratchy and the kind of music to drive your parents insane, but more than anything it's that swagger-song melody that makes you lose control in a dark seedy bar with a half-decent PA. I'll always love bands like that...the PBR kind, not the cranberry-vodka kind ;)

Give it a try yourself.

MySpace: The Lamps

No comments: