11.08.2006

Bahhston Pahhlitics


The best at mocking the Boston accent are the Bostonians themselves. I love it.

Post-Election Day, the dude I voted for governor has won, and packies will still be carrying all of your favorite booze. A few weeks ago, I'd copied and pasted a piece about "Question 1" (whether or not convenience stores and/or supermarkets could or should carry wine and beer) into a MySpace bulletin. To my embarrassment, the truth is that I read about the first three lines of the lengthy post before putting it up with the subject "Bring More Booze To Boston!" with the obvious implication of advocating Question 1.

WHOOPS!

I live in Mission Hill, so the booze runs plentiful, and already having a plethora of liquor stores and bars doesn't really elicit a reaction of "omfg we need Stop & Shop to have crap wine too!" The scare was that bringing wine and beer to convenience stores would have been big trouble for little mom n' pop shops.


A little more on this here.

And though I said I'm behind Deval Patrick, here is a bag of mixed reactions.

No comments: