2.12.2007

It's [Always] Time To Party / Lexaunculpt

Unbelievable, it's really happening...

Having now reached my one-year mark in Boston, many of my friends back home in New York have asked "So, what do you think?" My usual response is along the lines of, "The electronic scene is wonderful, and in as much as it has a ways to go, it's growing at an exponential rate." (Note: yeah, I would use a word like "exponential" in my vernacular, so there.) I'd also add that, not unlike New York, the Boston scene has been growing in frequency. A year ago, there certainly wasn't a (good) dance party (almost) EVERY. NIGHT. OF. THE. WEEK.

With the occasional foreplay of Bankrupt @ Enormous Room on Wednesdays, there is now an official weekly party by non-other than the insomniac, workaholic DJ that is E-Marce of Paper and Throwed...Lush Life



Shine is nice...went to Electro-Lite there recently to see Mistaker, DJ Die Young, and David Day completely own a tiny club with expensive drinks and turn it into a neon-glowing spaceship party. (I have no idea what that means, but roll with me on this.) I'd go back, but be aware that gin & tonics cost $8 regardless of how cool the glowing walls actually are...

So with Hearthrob/Throwed on Tuesdays, Paper/Make It New on Thursdays, Thunderdome/The Pill on Fridays, and Happy Endings/Soul Night on Saturdays. I'm forgetting a million others. Please feel free to comment and remind...

###

On the other hand, I have been meaning to write a lengthy, dedicated "Used Goods" column to celebrate the re-discovery of one of my all-time favorite records...



Released on Planet Mu in 2003, Lexaunculpt's The Blurring Of Trees is an absolutely essential electronic album, and holds the top spot of defining "lush" as a proper adjective for synthetic sounds. Here's a favorite of mine.


Audible: Lexaunculpt - "Has Been Trying Not To Wonder" (YSI)
Website: Lush Life MySpace

No comments: