5.16.2007

Unsane Still Makes Music...And Tours?!



When I saw that Unsane is coming to the Middle East Upstairs on Monday, I just had to write about it. I can't believe that this band is still around. Like everyone else, I am most familiar with them via their insane (wah wahhh) video for "Scrape," which used to air just about every morning on MTV when I was in high school. Now releasing their 6th record, they've still stuck to their older ways, keeping the post-grunge alternative angle alive. Emerging from the same NYC scene as Helmet, there are definitely aspects of that genre that are still worth loving. Now out with "Visqueen" on Mike Patton's Ipecac label, which came out around March, it'd be worth checking out for sure. They're actually really fucking good. Metal, hardcore, and 90s-nostalgics welcome...

WATCH WATCH WATCH


UNSANE
Middle East Upstairs
Monday, May 21st
8:30pm / $10

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/unsane

No comments: