6.23.2007

It's All About Your Body Language [Get Physical]

Yesterday, a very important recommendation was inserted into a conversation. Simply: Get Physical's Body Language Volume 4, Remixed by Dixon (a.k.a. Steffen Berkhahn).



Considering its source, I acquired it that very night, and I have to admit that even in the middle of the first listen, it's one of those gorgeous mixes much in the way that Michael Mayer's Immer (Kompakt) is very much the Holy Ghost of minimal techno. I also want to put Kiki's Boogybytes Volume 1 (Bpitch Control) in there, but both Body Language V.4 + Immer go beyond.

What we have here is a really rich, thick blend of everything quiet and what could be just a hair below the loud line. In this I don't mean decibel levels, but rather the fullness of the compilation's imagery, eliciting a vibe that grows and glows much like a painting makes sense when a skilled hands guides it towards completion.

Choosing a track to post from a mix is a difficult and often blaphemous responsibility. I chose Thom Yorke's "Eraser" because it's something that music fans in and out of the electronic scene will probably recognize, but I highly recommend simply buying it all and taking it from there.

Have I ever steered you wrong? I love you.

Purchase:



Audible: Thom Yorke - "The Eraser (DJ Dixon / Body Language Volume 4.)"
Get Physical: http://physical-music.com
Dixon MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/justdixon

No comments: