8.22.2006

Cairo Gang: I'd Like To Like It

You know those bands that you should like, but just don't? I'm trying, I'm trying, I'm trying, but no matter how hard I just cannot get into this goddamn Cairo Gang album. It's the debut from Emmett Kelly and friends, and has been described as "6am soothe-core for the puzzled, punch drunks of the world."

This is true, but well done description does not a great album make.

(Grammar malfunction...one moment...)



The record jumps. The songs are seamless, but somehow soothing. Still, there doesn't seem to be any way to ease into this album, nor is there a back door to sneak into. I cannot wrap my head around this multi-textured sound fusion that makes up one of the most confusing records I've ever heard. I want to like it, but I simply can't. It's not ________________ enough.

Who knows, maybe I'll love it in a week and redo this whole damn post...

Audible: The Cairo Gang - "Warning"
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/thecairogang

1 comment:

Laura said...

Not a fan.