12.05.2006

Does It Offend You? GOOD!

For once in my life, I'm in bed and going to sleep before midnight.

...which means I'll probably be up and wandering the interweb around 3am due to my ambitions. Nonetheless, I didn't want to turn out the lights without putting this gem up:


Better than Britney, f'real...

Does It Offend You, Yeah? is another great addition to the modernized sound of hipster breaks. MSTRKRFT, Justice, and other funk-infused, coke-powdered, grime-smearing, robo-disco bands that are out there will be moving over on the hot bench for this one. Let's face it, remixes have been around for a long, long time now. Though I've asked a few DJs in conversation, "Would you agree that 2006 is 'the year of the remix'?" and they don't necessarily agree, the accelerated speed at which digital units are moved in the goddamn free market of the blogosphere is enough to show that mash-ups, remixes, and, now, resamplings (how pomo) are saturating dance parties everywhere.

And that is fiiiiiine by me.

Audible: Does It Offend You, Yeah? - "XFM Mix"
Website: http://www.doesitoffendyou.com

No comments: