5.18.2007

Smashing Arachnophobia

I've been highly skeptical of the Smashing Pumpkins reunion. They were a major part of my adolescence, and Billy Corgan truly is the prince of the self-indulging piss n' moan. Releasing Zeitgeist on July 10th, the first single "Tarantula" has been looming all over the Internet with 30 second clips.



It's been nearly two years since their reunion was first announced. "For a year now," Corgan had stated, "I have walked around with a secret, a secret I chose to keep. But now I want you to be among the first to know that I have made plans to renew and revive the Smashing Pumpkins. I want my band back, and my songs, and my dreams." Bringing in Jimmy Charmberlin on drums, Iha is reported to not be rejoining the band, and there is no word from D'Arcy. (The last I'd heard was upon their break-up, where she was going to head to Hollywood to start an acting career, but was soon hospitalized for a crack addiction...)

Anyways, onward and upward...if you ask me, I think this song fucking rules.

Audible: Smashing Pumpkins - "Tarantula" (highly compressed)
[*Edit...slightly better version]
Website: http://www.smashingpumpkins.com

No comments: