5.04.2007

Welcome To The Era Vulgaris



I've been informed that my favorite new daddy and his band is releasing another record. Queens Of the Stone Age will put out Era Vulgaris on June 12th, and the title-track has already been pulled from the final cut. You're in luck, though, because it's made its way into your lap. While you click, here are some words from QOTSA frontman Josh Homme (unfortunately, it's actually pronounced like "Commie"...not nearly as cool as the assume "Home," so says Filter) about Era, which he says:

"It sounds like "the Vulgar Era", which I like, because that sounds like something that I would like to be part of ... I mean, I think we're in it, and I'm stoked ... Because I think our generation is, they don't want to be dock workers or coal miners. They want to delay adolescence and prolong adolescence, prolong thought about what to do, and try to take advantage of life while it's around, take more artistic jobs, like working at Pitchfork, playing rock music. And I totally understand that. And I also think it's an age of disinformation, where it's not like it's being kept from you, it's more like it's being piled on top of you. And so I think every time you go to make a personal decision, it's like more information comes to light. I think it's not really bad, it's more gluttony rad. It's sort of like indecision. And I think while we're all deciding, everyone samples a little bit of everything. And I'd like to play that party."

Sing it, Josh. In ways I find that truth tragic, but I guess my agreeance with him is how we all have to adapt to how it is. And you know how we do...

Behind the scenes teaser hither:



Legible: Josh Homme interviewed at Pitchfork
Audible: Queens Of The Stone Age - "Era Vulgaris (feat. Trent Reznor)"
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/queensofthestoneage

No comments: