6.18.2007

The 80s : What Were We McThinking?!

Thanks to Dany at Exitfare for melting a few of my braincells with this absolutely awful commercial from the 80s. Starring a skinnier, hairier (on the head, that is) version of Jason Alexander, McDonald's thought it would be marketable to server their hamburgers, uhh, separated...



I've lost my appetite, I think...

"The McDLT hasn’t been seen in America for about 15 years, but you remember it well: The hot stays hot. The cool stays cool. One half marketing genius, one half environmentally-unfriendly styrofoam waste." - Mike Davidson

Wiki: McDonald's MCDLT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally: Proof that the good old days weren't.

I remember the McDLT (who couldn't?), but had managed to completely blot that commercial from my memory. It shall haunt me for some time to come ...

Ryan Spaulding said...

ummmmmm. mcdlt!

i love the clothes in the ad!